Sunday 18 March 2012

My calling

I am a stay at home mom and proud of it, well most of the time at least. I had my Bsc in electronic engineering went for my phd for mobile communication but before I could fulfill that, motherhood was a stronger calling. So here I am a mom of two lovely kids, my princess Tayma and my strong headed baby boy hashim they are 6 and 3 years old, a handful for sure.

All mothers want their families to live a healthy lifestyle. The McDonalds and the pizza huts tend to make this quite difficult to achieve. A home delivery sounds always easier than slaving in the kitchen for a meal. Therefore my goal was minimize the chemicals as best as I can. If you check my pantry you wouldn't find snacks usually there is no chocolate bars, unless I have a craving, and you will never find a bag of chips, and thank god my kids still don't drink soda. As an alternative to all that, I bake my kids their snacks whether it was a cupcake or a cookie. Although my husband like many others is more keen on cake mixes that are fluffy and chemical. I am more a make it from scratch fan. My failures are more than my successes but what makes me happy is that even those are eaten no additives just plain flour eggs and sugar.

After reading a few great blogs I thought why not start one myself about my kitchen and motherhood adventures and ordeals . As you will see from my pictures I am a lousy photographer and maybe starting this blog will give me the kick I need to master it.

No comments:

Post a Comment